Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Church at Kayuta

If I knew I was going to be at a new place on a Sunday, I make it a point to check in on masstimes.org to know the local mass schedule. I don't think it has anything to do with the three wishes you're supposed to get when you visit a new church. Must be the catholic guilt.

It wasn't guilt though that made me search for a church on Kayuta. Since my husband and I got our camp, I've always been grateful for the opportunity to own such a wonderful place. The prayers I raised to the heavens on our last night of house-hunting in the Adirondacks were answered. It just seemed proper that I give back a little of time each week to say thanks to the Lord.

I was so glad to find out that the Roman Catholic Christian Community of Northern Oneida County under Rev. Donald H. Karlen services three churches in the area of Kayuta Lake. They are:
St. Joseph’s Catholic Church: 110 Charles St, Boonville
St. Patrick’s Catholic Church: 12000 River Road, Forestport
St. Mary of the Snows : State Route 28, Otter Lake

Forestport was closest to the camp, Boonville within 10 miles and Otter lake within 20 miles. With the following choices, one really has no excuse for missing Sunday mass. It's just too bad that this season will be the last time mass will be celebrated at Otter Lake's St Mary of the Snows. For other needs, the parish office can be contacted at 315-942-4618.

Summer Mass Schedule: Memorial Day to Labor Day (2009)
Sunday Vigil Masses: 4:00pm - St. Joseph's, Boonville
6:00 pm - St. Mary of the Snows, Otter Lake

Sunday Masses: 8:00 am - St. Patrick's - Forestport
10:30 am - St. Joseph's Boonville


Click here for a complete list of churches of all denominations in the area.

0 Comments: